Frequently Asked Questions
Our FAQ section should help you find the answers you need to resolve their constipation problem now and ways to avoid more problems in the future by changing their diet.
General Questions About Constipation
- What is constipation?
- What causes constipation?
- Is it normal?
- Should I panic?
- When should I begin to worry?
- How do I know it is constipation and not something else?
- How is constipation treated?
- How do I prevent constipation?
- What is soiling?
- How does Pedia-Lax work?
- After I give my child Pedia-Lax, how long before they’ll go?
- Can I use Pedia-Lax for my child under 2 years of age?
- Can I use Pedia-Lax for my child over the age of 11?
- Can pregnant women take Pedia-Lax?
- Can my child take Pedia-Lax when taking other medications?
- Which Pedia-Lax product should I use?
- What’s the difference between the rectal and oral products?
- What is the expiration date for these products?
- How should Pedia-Lax be stored?
- The dosing directions for Pedia-Lax are by age range. How do I know what part of the range I should use for my child?
- Is it OK for my child to take Pedia-Lax laxatives every day?
- Are your products gluten-free?
Probiotic Yums Questions
- How do Yums help maintain digestive health?
- How long can I use Yums after I buy them?
- Do Yums include gluten, eggs, soy or peanuts?
- Are Yums sugar-free?
- Do Yums contain any preservatives or artificial colors?
- Do Yums need to be refrigerated?
Fiber Gummies Questions
- Is it possible to give my child too much fiber?
- Can all three Fiber Gummies be taken at one time?
- Are Fiber Gummies gluten-free?
- Are Fiber Gummies kosher?
- Are Fiber Gummies bottles child resistant?
- What is the ingredient Xylitol in Fiber Gummies?
- What are Fiber Gummies sweetened with?
- It is natural for Fiber Gummies to stick together?
- What colors/dyes are used in Fiber Gummies?
- Can I give my child Fiber Gummies and a multivitamin at the same time?
- How much fiber does my child need daily?
- What is the source of fiber and how does it work?
- What is the difference between soluble and insoluble fiber?
- Are Fiber Gummies safe for all ages?
- Is the gelatin used in Fiber Gummies animal-based or vegetable-based?
Liquid Stool Softener Questions
- Why do I need to add juice or milk?
- What is the best liquid to use?
- I accidentally gave this to my child without mixing it with juice or milk. Is it OK?
- Is it OK to give my child the Liquid Stool Softener along with any of your other Pedia-Lax products?
Suppositories and Enemas Questions
- What’s the difference between the three rectal products?
- Is your Pedia-Lax Liquid Glycerin Suppository latex-free?
- Can the Pedia-Lax Liquid Glycerin applicator be used more than once?
- What is the source of your glycerin, animal or vegetable?
- Are Pedia-Lax Glycerin Suppositories available in “infant” size?
- My child doesn’t do well with suppositories. Every time I get one in, he pushes it out. What can I do?
- My child is older than 5. Can I still use Pedia-Lax Liquid Glycerin or Glycerin Suppositories?